Wednesday, September 12, 2012

JD/MBA

I receive inquiries from many students who want to apply to both law school and business school at the same time. If you know you're going to get both a JD and a MBA, might as well go for it in one blow, no?

There are benefits to going for both degrees at once. The biggest benefit (in my humble opinion) is that you can get both degrees in 4-years (so you're saving one year's tuition), if you pursue them from the same institute. Sounds peachy, huh?

Here's the catch though. You have to get in. Most elite institutes require that you get into each school separately on your own merits. They claim that you getting into one school (i.e., law school) won't necessarily help (or hurt) you in getting into the other school (i.e., business school). 

If you are currently studying for the LSAT and you're flirting with the idea of pursuing a JD/MBA, the first thing I would do is speak with an MBA consultant. There are many great MBA Admissions companies out there. 

But definitely check out - http://www.stacyblackman.com/.

Once upon a time, I was kicking around the idea of pursuing an MBA. I called Stacey Blackman's company. I was put in touch with one of their principles, Bill Chionis, who helped answer all my questions and patiently helped me think through the process. Ultimately, I decided not to pursue a MBA. But believe me, I would not have had the same peace of mind had I not spoke with Bill. 

If you're serious (or even half-serious) about the MBA. Give these guys a call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment