Saturday, September 8, 2012

Studying for the LSAT makes you smarter

If you've ever received an email from me (with exercises, drills, or study schedules), then you know that I endearingly call my students, "LSAT Genius (to be)"~

Over the years, I intuitively knew that the LSAT actually makes people smarter. I noticed my students become sharper and better at reasoning. I didn't need any "scientific study" to confirm my intuition.

But here it is - a scientific study that confirms my intuition. The Wall Street Journal did an entire piece on this.

So how is this suppose to make you feel better? Some of you view the LSAT as just another "evil barrier" standing between you and law school stardom. But this study confirms that anyone can become smarter and improve their LSAT score through consistent and regular exposure.

Does this mean that everyone will achieve a perfect 180. No. Of course not. Everyone hits a plateau. And from that point, it takes a lot of patience and practice to actually gain incremental point increases. Theoretically, I suppose it's possible for anyone to achieve a perfect score. But practically speaking, not everyone has the time and luxury to achieve it.

Next time you open up your LSAT book, I hope you have a grin on your face - knowing full well that you brain is getting smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment