Monday, February 27, 2012

How to Succeed in Law School without really Trying

I read this half amused and half petrified (see here). In short, a law student at Arizona University is having undergraduates do his work for him by masking the ordeal as an invaluable externship opportunity for the undergrads. WOW!

One the one hand, I think this student is a genius. A partner in the making.

On the other hand, I have my doubts about him because at the end of the day, only one person can walk into the classroom on test date (him).

Personally, I think he's the former. He's a smart kid. He's going to do well. His classmates can cry fowl. But unless the school stops him, I think he'll go on this path and succeed.

Once upon a time, "moral" students avoided hornbooks (i.e., cliff note versions of case books). Only the "lazy" and "failure bound" students used hornbooks. Fast forward to modern day, now, EVERYONE uses hornbooks. Am I suggesting that using undergrads as note-taking slaves will soon become the norm? No way. Of course not. But what I am implying is that we shouldn't be too quick about pointing fingers at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment